I mentioned in my Less Is More challenge post over the weekend that I would be review the Design Seeds Website this week… so here it is…
First Off – I love Colour and Colour Combining, I have colour wheels, swatch packs and Pantone books… anything to help me achieve what I want to do.
Secondly I love discovering new tools that will help me in my constant pursuit for the perfect colour combiner… Design Seeds is my current top tool.
So how does the Website work? Its worth keeping an eye on it every day because they cycle the selected images every day and you never know what is going to be showcasing on any day…
So that is Ok if you are just mooching but what if you are looking for something special, like the purples I was after on Saturday? You can search against specific colours.
- From the Home Page – Click on Search Palette
- You can either select a descriptive term (such as warm or the sea) and see what comes up.
- Or you can search by colour by using the sliders in the “Search by Colour Box”
- By altering the blue, green, red slider bars, you can watch the little box change colour until you see the colour you want. Then click on “go get it” and they will show you all their combinations which match your selected colour.
- Once you have found the combination you are looking for you can share it on facebook or save it to your drive or you can save it to your Pinterest Boards, all by clicking on their buttons – no need to mess around. Now as you know I love Pinterest and I have a Design Seeds Boards where I keep all my favourite combinations in one place.
This is a very simple concept for a website which really embraces the “Web 2.0” connections and I love had so much colour inspiration in the one place as well as being able to save them to the website where I keep all my craft project inspiration.
No account needed, no need to register – a great fee resource!
Thanks for Reading