Happy Monday everyone – I hope you are not all suffering too much from the loss of an hour’s sleep… its going to take me a couple of days to fully recover.
As we are now in to Spring I thought I would share a very spring Colour Palette from Design Seeds
Challenge Blog Round up
I thought I would share some of the card challenges running this week from my favourite challenge blogs, there seems to be a bit of a foodie theme to some of them this week:
- Pollycrafts – Want us to use chocolate in our design
- Allsorts – Want us to design a card with a recipe on it
- Crafts 4 Eternity – Are encouraging us to use something from the kitchen
Pre Easter Goodies
I share my favourite truffle recipe as part of my Allsorts Recipe Card and I thought I would also share it here:
- 400g milk chocolate
- 150ml pot double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt the chocolate and cream together in a glass bowl set over a small pan of simmering water. Stir in the vanilla.
- Once cool, chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- When firm, form balls from 2 teaspoons of mix, then roll each truffle in cocoa powder, icing sugar, chopped nuts or coconut. Keep Chilled until ready to eat
In and Around Bristol
Paper Village in North Street Bristol has opened sign up its June Mixed Media Course. This is an amazing community craft shop in the heart of Bristol and they have some great groups and classes and is well worth a visit. The Mixed Media Class is 6 weeks long and costs £120. But if you want something a little cheaper – go along on the 14th / 15th April and make a Parrot for £3 (also suitable for children over 8)
Finally, if you are into your baking, then its Flour Power Month in April on Food Network.
Thanks for Reading