April is the month in the UK where we tend to have lots and lots of showers, but as the song says, we need these to bring those flowers we will be celebrating in May. And boy aren’t we having a lot of showers at the moment?
The Word April comes from the Latin “aperire” meaning to open, tracing back to when it was the beginning of the year, when the trees and flowers began to open. It is also associated with Venus and Aphrodite, the goddesses of Love and Beauty.
The Flowers of the Month are Daisy or Sweetpea, The Birthstone is Diamond and the colours are pink or purple.
- April 01 – All Fools Day
- April 08 – Easter (2012)
- April 21 – Birthday of Queen Elizabeth II
- April 22 – Earth Day
- April 23 – Birthday of William Shakespeare
- April 27 – Arbor Day (2012 – Celebrate those trees)
Some other things happening in April
- Autism Awareness Month
- International Guitar Month (and Jazz Appreciation Month)
- Frog Month
- Garden Month
- National Poetry Month
- The Boston and London Marathons also happen
I will be posting my April Page in the first weekend in May, Thanks for reading.