In December 02 prompt, Shimelle talks about childhood memories and when Christmas started for you.
This was an easy one for me because Advent Sunday at my home church was always the Christingle Service. During the week before we would collect money for the Children’s Society and on the Sunday we would be given our Christingle as part of the service, the candles would be lit and we would parade around the church, Health and Safety would have had a fit (my mum worried every year that I would set fire to the brownie in front of me!)
Today it gave me a change to play with paper piecing on a 3×4 insert card, and as challenged by Shimelle, the ribbon is embellished with paper ribbon, which is what I am using to wrap my Christmas presents with.
If you don’t know anything about Christingles, This is what the parts mean:
- The Orange represents the World
- The Red Ribbon the Blood of Christ and the Candle represents the Light of the World
- The Sticks with fruit, nuts or sweets represents the four seasons and the fruit of nature.
But for me it represents the opportunity to reflect at the beginning of Christmas before the chaos begins… very apt for my mantra this year of keeping things simple.
As I was working at home today, I completed this in my “lunch break”. so I am able to share the whole layout:
The 6×4 slot at the bottom is almost blank as I will be adding a picture at a later date. I have decided in the spirit of keeping things simple, all my pictures are going to be black and white and I will add them at the end. But I am going to take a lot of pictures over the Christmas Time so I have plenty to choose from.
- Becky Higgins 6×8 Page Protector Design 3
- Becky Higgins Merry and Bright Cards
- Becky Higgins 3×4 Blank Cards
- Becky Higgins 6×4 Blank Cards
- First Edition Stocking Filer Pattern Paper
- Christingle made from plain cardstock, pearl stickers, paper ribbon from M and S, Art Glitter in yellow and gold.
Thanks for Reading