With the look at the weather at the end of last week I was expecting to be spending a lot of time this weekend crafting – but haven’t we been lucky with the weather yesterday and today?
So with my crafting time curtailed as I have been out capturing photos for my book of days, I have only had time for an Easter Card. My main inspiration for this card was the Daring Cardmakers elemental challenge for this month.
Many Many Moons ago (I think it was about 2007), I signed up for Heidi Swapp’s year-long course over at Big Picture Classes. As some of you may remember this ended up coinciding with a lot of change in Heidi’s life and the course went somewhat awry mid way through… before getting back on track.
However to support my layouts in the class (which I never finished all the layouts for) I treated myself to looks of Heidi’s embellishments which I haven’t quite finished using up. So when I saw the flower in this month’s challenge I new exactly what I wanted to do with it and that was tint one of her white silk flowers:
These flowers made the perfect mat for the image I wanted to use! I am also playing a little more with ideas for getting depth into images including using two images, fussy cutting and stretching the image slightly to build it up. This is what I started with:
- Daring CardMakers – Elemental Challenge for April
- Allsorts – Easter Challenge
- Mojo Monday – Card Sketch 392
- Cute Card Thursday – Buttons and Bows
- Papertake – Take Your Pick (Colours Scheme)
- DoCrafts – Plan Cardstock
- PromoCrafts – Pattern Papers
- American Crafts MOD – Large Pattern Button
- Doodlebugs – Small Buttons
- Heidi Swapp – Plain Flowers
- ProMarkers – Pink Pens for colouring flowers
- Chameleon Pens – Pens for Image
- Memento – Black Ink Pads
- Josy Rosy – Ribbon
Thanks for Reading