Well, its almost 6 months to the day that I blogged about the changes announced by Big Picture Classes.
And now the changes are live and I thought I would follow up on my thoughts on the new website. I said I would remain open minded until I saw the new site and I signed up as soon as I received the email inviting me to join because I had become excited to see what was in store.
So here is a round up of the new site.
- There is now a monthly fee of $9.95. This gives you access to all classes on the site, apart from a few premium classes… none of which have been announced yet, so I can’t comment.If you think an average monthly course on the old site cost you about $30 dollars, this equates to very good value for money for me as I spent more than that for just 3 or 4 course a year and I have done more than that in a month.
- New courses go live each Monday… I used to look forward to Thursdays when I had signed up to something but it didn’t give me long to plan until the weekend. With the launch day now being Mondays I can plan in the week and make at the weekends.
- Did you see? – New things each week at the moment? The choice is actually a little overwhelming at present and I have chatted about this on the BPC forums as I flipping between card classes and pocket scrapbooking and page scrapbooking and technique classes and illustrated faith classes. But the site is not short of a wide range of inspiration.
- No Handouts – Great Videos but no handouts… eats into your bandwidth if you are out and about but great to work along to.
- “Groups” (Forums) – they are just getting going at the moment but its easier to ask questions and share ideas.
- The Shop – You can purchase most of the main items through the attached shop and for those of us in the UK, the shipping isn’t too bad either.
One other thing I would also like to say is that I am very pleasantly surprised to see there isn’t a focus on Studio Calico products, Each class and the lessons within them have their stash requirements clearly noted so you can see what you need.
As you can probably tell, I am excited about this new move and I wish the team all success and I look forward to working along.
Thanks for Reading