I started my second Powertex project for May, A Summer Wreath. My plan is to do a set of four which can be hung outside – one for each season. As we are heading to summer I am starting with that, here is my inspiration, drawn from Pinterest:
So here is my now famous “before” shot
Another advantage of covering it with masking tape is that I can draw my pattern onto the wreath to give me an idea of what I am aiming for. I used a black Sharpie for this project.
The final stage was to decide how best to cover the wreath, I played around with a couple of ideas using strips of material and decided in the end on using a mosaic style using small squares of material as I can add depth this way.
So here it is – a prepared wreath, ready to be covered.