When I was downloading my recent photos I found some tags I made before my accident, so I thought I better get around to sharing them. As with all the tags I am making this year, this tag has two elements:
- My New Technique – Using Gilding Glue and flakes from Honey Doo Crafts.
- Stash Used – Black Gesso from Dina Wakley
Honey Doo have developed a Glitter Glue which doesn’t harm either photopolymer or rubber stamps if washed off quickly and it also stays wet until it is “fixed” with another medium such as glitter or flakes or fluff.
What makes this Glitter Glue so good is the amount of detail from the stamp which is retained. I used a piece of Ranger Wet-Dry foam to apply it to the stamp, you need to make sure there is thin layer of the white glue over all of the stamp.
Gentle is the name of the game for this technique, because next, I had to gently rub off the excess with a small square of sponge. I made sure all the loose bits fell back into the box so that I could re-use as much as possible.
- Ranger – Dina Wakley Black Gesso
- Ranger – Cut’n’ Dry Foam
- Ranger – Perfect Pearls
- Honey Doo Crafts – Glitter Glue
- Honey Doo Crafts – Rolling Hills Gilding Flakes
- Crafters Companions – Sara Davis Signature Stamps
- Powertex – Clear Varnish
Thanks for Reading