This is the final project from “BBA” (Before Broken Ankle) and it’s another Tag. As it is a Tuesday Tag, I have two elements:
- My New Technique – Building a base from Gilding Wax
- Stash Used – Day of the Dead stamps and dies from Sheena Douglas
I started, as I did last week, with a black gesso base as I wanted the gilding wax to shine and I trialled the design on white and black and preferred the black.
I found the Glitter glue easier to use with rubber stamps as I could see where I had already put glue. They also come up clean very quickly too! (If you buy Honey Doo’s started kit you get an acetate stamp cleaner which is very effective.
As I didn’t know how well the glue would stick to the gilding wax I made sure I pressed down firmly, but I had nothing to worry about, I got a very clean impression (as I did with VersaMagic when I used that on another stamp at the end of the tag).
I then stamped and die cut a trumpet from the same set of stamps, I also covered the trumpet in copper gilding wax to keep with the colour scheme. I also stamped and embossed a bass clef directly onto the tag.
I also added some copper to the blue gilding to tone it down and match the trumpet.
- Ranger – Dina Wakley Black Gesso
- Cosmic Shimmer – Gilding Wax and Black Embossing Powder
- Honey Doo Crafts – Glitter Glue and Rolling Hills Gilding Flakes
- Sheena Douglas – Day of the Dead Stamps
- VersaMagic – Embossing Ink
- Oyster Crafts – Plain Cardstock
Thanks for Reading