Isn’t it odd how you seem to need to make cards in small bursts? I am currently making about 4 or 5 cards for different birthdays or events. So its great to turn to some of my favourite Challenge Blogs for inspiration:
- Cute Card Thursday – Words and Numbers
- Penny Black and More – Anything with a stamp
- Allsorts – Use more than 2 dies (I use 5!)
I have recently discovered the Clearly Besotted Stamp Company through pinterest, especially a set of stamps called “Colour Chameleon” which I couldn’t want to try out. As I was going to use colour as a focus, I decided to go my brusho powders to add some extra pow.
Once it had dried, I cut the background out but I also stamped the chameleons on to the using a permanent ink so the chameleons would blend in.
As I wanted the eyes to stand out and as I realised it would be clearer to colour on white cardstock I also stamped the chameleon out twice more in white to be able to layer up the details on the stamps.
It’s a long time since I have fallen in love with a set of stamps as much as I have with these ones, I can’t want to use them with different colour inks and with pattern papers, the design is effective yet simple and it lends itself to fussy cutting. This makes them very versatile, so expect to see them again.
- Craft UK – Blank Cards
- Oyster Card – White Cardstock
- Hunkydory – Gold Cardstock
- Stampin Up – Black Cardstock
- Clearly Besotted – Colour Chameleon Stamp and Dies
- Tim Holtz for Sizzix – “Celebration Manuscript” and “Holiday Words 2” Dies
- Copic – Alcohol Markers
- Zig Markers – Wink of Stella in Brown
- Ranger – Glossy Accents
- Pinflair – Silicon Glue
Thanks for Reading