- Part One – Setting the Scene
- Part Two – Fitting the Wires
- Part Three – Covering the Wreath
- Part Four – Securing the Wires
- Part Five – Colouring the Base
- Part Six – Seeing Stars
- Part Seven – Big Bows
- Part Eight – Colouring the Bow
- Part Nine – Seeing Even More Stars
As I said in my last post, I had to leave the wreath for a week to make sure the “Snow Flakes” had completely dried. This meant I had to walk past it a lot without tinkering with it at all… well not too often… ok not every time… so once I had knocked some of the loose balls off – I stopped. Anyhow, I wasn’t happy with it, the ivory was too stark against the blue and the grey. so I wanted to add in a hint of colour, so I went back to my base colour – powder pearl blue!
So my aim for this wreath was something that was a little more “grungy” rather than traditional and that played with a number off effects and to see if I could incorporate outdoor fairy lights into the design.
- Could I sufficiently cover the electronics and create waterproof seals so that I didn’t electrocute anyone who knocked on the door.
- Could I also incorporate the wires and the sensor so it felt it was part of the design and didn’t look like I was ignoring the fact it was there!
I think have achieved both of these, the whole suite of Powertex products are geared up to waterproof designs and it was much easier than I feared. I like the finished wreath – I just need to think about a Halloween one for next year now! I have a set of red fairy lights I also ordered which I need to use up!