Today is our wedding anniversary and to celebrate I made Mr BMB a card, which was a perfect opportunity to try out my new Spectrum Aqua pens from Crafters Companion. I have been wanting to invest in a good set of watercolour markers fora couple of years and as theses were on offer the other week, it was too good an opportunity to miss.
It was also a chance to play with masking fluid (again). I love this stuff and I have recently started to use Molotow, a German company who put masking fluid in a pen with a fine nib, making it perfect for small stamps:
These are the mini Crazy Birds so are half of the size of the main birds and stand just under 2 inches in height each! Anyway back to the masking fluid, it rubs off very quickly without impacting the details of the stamp.
By using this fluid (which is extremely quick drying) is that I could keep the eyes and beak white whilst painting the rest of the body. The birds dried in about the same time I expect for alcohol inks but the colour combination is much more subtle than if I had used alcohol pens.
- UKCtraft – Card Blank
- Hunkydory – Adorable Scorable Cream Cardstock
- Hunkydory – 50 Shades of MirriCard
- Lili of the Valley – Pattern Paper
- Crafters Companion – Watercolour Pen
- Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous – Mini Crazy Birds Stamps
- Tim Holtz for Sizzix – Mini Crazy Birds Framelets
- Stampin Up – Banners for You Stamps and Dies
- Ranger – Archival Ink in Coffee
- Crafters Companion – Spectrum Aqua Pens
- Zig – Wink of Stella in Clear
Thanks for Reading