A couple of weeks ago I shared a the front over of my a stamp album I am making. I turned my attention this week to the inner covers of the album. I decided that I wanted to contrast the outside Steam Punk with a much more nature based inner cover, I started with plenty of bister.
I had used bister on the front to add to the feeling of decay so I let it dry naturally to give me small cracks. Here I wanted big cracks for a bark effect so I dried it quickly with a heat gun.
I have recently treated myself to Sheena Douglass’s create-a-flower stencils which have a selection of leaves on them. Some are quirky and were just the effect I wanted.
I started with the dark moss-green with large leaves. I tried to avoid the patches with lots of cracking on them.
I then used some translucent bronze paint to add slightly smaller leaves, This gave me the effect of sheen and tint without obscuring the design.
I then selected a third much smaller leaf shape with light green to add some complete contrast.
I sealed the who design with clear gesso. I have also added a couple of large cogs to the back cover and I am in the process of repeating the rusty powder process to the back cover.
- Powertex UK – Ivory Powertex
- Powertex UK – Brown Bister Powder
- Heidi Swapp – Moss and Ice Green Acrylic Paint
- Tonic – Nuvo Bronze Paint
- Sheena Douglas – Create-a-Flower Stencils
- Ranger – Clear Gesso
Thanks for Reading